Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A couple of punny cards

Two of the cards I made on the craft retreat last weekend used the Stampin' Up!® set called Very Punny. It's an older set, but I still love the cute images and sayings. (A while back I posted a card set made with this stamp set so you can see all the images in the set.)

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Very Punny
Card stock: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom markers
Accessories: 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, 1" and 3/4" circle punches, Brights Collection buttons, white crochet thread (DMC), Zots large adhesive dots (therm-o-web), Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, 1/8" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Dimensionals

In this set, each stamp has an image together with a saying. I only wanted to have the greeting stamped once, so when I stamped the other cows, I just didn't apply any ink to the saying portion of the stamp. I used the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig tool to line up the cows and then colored them with markers. For the Rich Razzleberry cow, I stamped an extra image, cut it out and adhered it to the card with Dimensionals. I actually ended up using this card before I even came home; I used it to write a note to Patty and Paul, the owners of The Meadows Craft Retreat, and had everyone sign it. This seemed like an appropriate card for the occasion since we enjoyed visiting with their cows.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Very Punny
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad, Melon Mambo and Creamy Caramel markers
Accessories: 1-3/8" and 1-3/4" circle punches, large scallop circle punch, paper piercer, mat pack, polka dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Melon mambo pom-pom trim, Dimensionals, 1/8" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

This card is pretty self-explanatory, but I really like the combination of the embossed polka dots and the pom-pom trim. I don't use Melon Mambo too often, but it looks striking with the black and white. I stamped a birthday greeting inside the card, but this could be a fun, girly card for many different occasions.

Stay tuned this week for the rest of the cards I made at the craft retreat. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: