Thursday, May 3, 2012

Framed butterflies

I just have a quick post today -- I'm heading out this morning for my craft retreat/girls' weekend, and I'm still not all packed and organized. (That's unusual for me, but it's been a crazy week for various reasons.) I'm not sure if I'll be posting while I'm on the retreat, but I'll share some pictures when I'm back next week. Before I go, I thought I'd post a picture of a frame I made a few weeks ago.

Supplies:
Stamps: Picture Perfect (Unity Stamp Company)
Card stock: On the Bright Side - One card stock pad (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Dark brown chalk ink (ColorBox)
Accessories: Solo white shadowbox tray (7 Gypsies), Beautiful Wings Embosslits die (Stampin' Up!), basic pearls (Stampin' Up!), Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!), 1/4" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Mono Multi liquid glue (Tombow), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Mini Glue Dots

I trimmed the blue card stock to fit the three openings and stamped a sentiment on the largest piece. With the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, I cut several butterflies from polka-dot red, yellow and green card stock. I added pearls as the butterflies' bodies, gently folded up their wings and adhered them to the background with Dimensionals or Mini Glue Dots. To make the bow, I wrapped a piece of ribbon several times around my first two fingers (while holding my fingers about 1" apart). Then I wrapped a smaller piece of ribbon around the loops between my fingers, tied it in a knot and slid the loops of my fingers. I added a pearl in the middle of the bow and adhered it to the edge of the frame with Mini Glue Dots.

Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: