Sunday, May 27, 2012

How sweet

What's a birthday without a treat -- or two or three? Today I made three birthday cards that all feature some sweet treats.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Guilty Pleasures (Raisin Boat), Bring on the Cake
Card stock: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip pad; Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red markers; Signo white gel pen
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, large scallop circle punch, Riding Hood Red pleated satin ribbon, polka dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), paper piercer, Dimensionals

I stamped and colored this slice of cake three times before I was happy with the result. I wanted something that looked at least somewhat realistic, so I finally just went with my favorite combo: yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Yum. I even colored the whip cream with a white gel pen to make it stand out a bit against the vanilla card stock.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Guilty Pleasures (Raisin Boat)
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip pads; Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake markers
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, Dimensionals

After I stamped, colored and cut out these candy boxes, I wasn't exactly sure what to do with them. I eventually settled on this layout. It's okay, but I'm not completely happy with it. I think there should be something in the empty space in the top, but I couldn't decide what. So rather than end up with something I really didn't like, I decided to leave well enough alone.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Guilty Pleasures (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla card stock; Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Pack - In Color
Ink: Chocolate Chip pad; Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Blush Blossom, Poppy Parade markers
Accessories: Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

I know coffee isn't necessarily a sweet treat, but I'm not really a coffee drinker, so I prefer it loaded with whip cream and caramel. About as sweet as you can get. Anyway, to make the coffee cups, I stamped them on vanilla card stock and then on the different colors of DSP. I cut out the pieces for the top and bottom of the cup from each piece of DSP and glued them onto the images stamped on Very Vanilla.

Although I stamped birthday greetings on the inside of each of these cards, the last two would also be great for other occasions: congratulations, thank you, or even a little pick-me-up. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: