Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Floral five

Today I'm going to share the second group of cards I made at my craft retreat last weekend. Now I couldn't possibly go an entire weekend without making a floral card, right? Well, here are five of them, made with the Stampin' Up!® set Sweet Summer.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Sweet Summer
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point card stock; Brights Collection Patterns Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Old Olive, Pacific Point, Marina Mist markers
Accessories: Basic pearls, Old Olive scallop polka dot ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

This is my favorite card from the weekend. Blue is one of my favorite colors, but I don't make blue floral cards very often; I guess it's more natural to reach for red, pink or yellow. I like that this card has a clean and simple feel to it with just a few details: the small punched flowers, pearls, ribbon and piece of DSP along the bottom of the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sweet Summer
Card stock: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Basic Black StazOn, VersaMark pads; Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive markers
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie taffeta ribbon, paper piercer and mat pack, Baby Girl assortment mini pearls (Doodlebug Design), Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

In contrast to the previous card, this one is actually my least favorite. It's not that I dislike it necessarily; it's just the one I like the least (which one of them has to be, right?). For the focal image, I stamped and colored the swirly vine (which I also stamped on the card base for the background). I stamped the two flowers on a separate piece of card stock, cut them out and adhered them by the vine. After I put the card together it looked as if it needed something, so I added the paper piercing around the border.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sweet Summer
Card stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso pad; Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz markers
Accessories: Pear Pizzazz seam binding ribbon, corner rounder (unknown), embossing folder (Cuttlebug; I don't know the specific name), Dimensionals

This card and the next two are basically variations on a theme: a single stemmed flower with a card stock mat on the left side of the card over a textured or stamped background. I really like the calm, neutral colors in this version. (It makes me think of the decor in a spa.) And by embossing the entire background, it was a very quick and easy card to make. The only embellishment here is the ribbon. I could have added something else, such as brads or pearls, but I really wanted the embossing to stand out.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sweet Summer
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Old Olive markers
Accessories: Old Olive scallop polka dot ribbon, white crochet thread (DMC), Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Bitty Buttons, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

This card starts out with the same Crumb Cake card base and a layout very similar to the previous card. But changing the colors and embellishments really changes the feel of the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Sweet Summer
Card stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, textured Old Olive
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, VersaMark pads; Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Old Olive markers
Accessories: Basic pearls, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Rich Razzleberry taffeta ribbon, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

This card has the boldest color combination of the three. And I didn't do any embossing here; instead, I repeatedly stamped the blossom image across the background. For each of the flowers, I punched out two pieces: one was glued flat to the card stock, and the second was glued just in the middle, while the "petals" were gently pulled up. I added a pearl in the center of each flower for an extra little detail.

I have one more group of cards to post this week. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: