Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ribbon barrettes: Part deux

I had so much fun making ribbon barrettes yesterday, that I had to make more this afternoon. Here is the second batch:

I'm seriously in love with making these! If I had more crafting space, I would have laid out all my ribbon and embellishments and just spent some time mixing and matching. I won't go into too much detail about these barrettes here since I included the tutorial in yesterday's post. But here are some close-up photos and the supplies used for each pair of barrettes.

Patriotic flowers supplies: Red stitched grosgrain ribbon (source unknown), Medium Heritage Sheer Blossoms and Leaves (Creative Impressions), Just Blooms (Close to My Heart), Primary brads (Making Memories)





Pink and yellow flower supplies: Uptown Red Elements Ribbon (American Crafts), Medium Tropical Iridescent and Small Tropical Sheer Blossoms and Leaves (Creative Impressions), Polo mini shimmer brads (Making Memories)




Orange and yellow flower supplies: Orange Essentials Elements Ribbon (American Crafts), Medium and Small Tropical Iridescent Blossoms and Leaves (Creative Impressions), Polo mini shimmer brads (Making Memories)





Pink gingham supplies: Pink Essentials Elements Ribbon (American Crafts), circle and flower buttons (Making Memories), crochet thread






I wish I knew more little girls to give these barrettes to. Actually, I wish I could think of something to make that would be a boy equivalent to these barrettes. Then I'd make these for the girls in my class and the other thing for the boys. Alas, I have yet to come up with any ideas.

Well, tomorrow I think I'll have to get back to some card making. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: