Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Scrap cards

The childcare center where I work is closed for summer vacation this week (yay!), so I've had extra stamping time. (The bummer is that the week is already half over - boo!) Yesterday I finally finished my make-and-take projects from the Stampin' Up! convention. I had some little scraps of patterned paper and fabric left over that I couldn't bring myself to throw away, so I used them on a couple of cards. Here's the first one:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments
Colors: Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black (Jet Black StazOn for ink)
Accessories: Decorative Label and Itty Bitty Shapes punches, Cherry Cobbler brad, Timeless Portrait designer fabric, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Dimensionals

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the fabric has ruffles in it. To make the ruffles with a strip of fabric (or a piece of ribbon), place a strip of strong adhesive on the card stock. As you stick on the fabric/ribbon, leave little "loops." The black shadow behind the Decorative Label punch is another punch in black, not just a shadow from the flash. I love the Marina Mist color, and I don't seem to use it very often, but I think it looks great with this color combo. (I still have a few fabric scraps left, but I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet.) Here is my next scrap card, with the same colors:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Colors: Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Accessories: Timeless Portrait designer series paper, Lace Ribbon Border punch, Antique brads

There's not even a stamp on this card! The flower is made by punching a strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock with the Lace Ribbon Border punch and then cutting out three of the flower shapes created by the punch. Crumple the flowers, open them, stack them together and attach them to the card with a brad. I added a couple of score lines above and below the paper strips to add a bit a texture and definition.

These are both pretty clean and simple cards, but sometimes I like those the best. I hope you like them, too!

No comments: