Friday, August 5, 2011

For the birds

Happy Friday! It's a little sad for me as it's the last day of my vacation, but that's the way it goes. I was back to stamping this morning and decided to make a set of note cards. I like to keep a few sets of stamped cards on hand to give as gifts to friends and family members. Since I gave away several sets this spring and summer, it's time to make some more!

Today, I made a clean and simple set of bird-themed cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Cheep Talk, Picture Perfect (Unity Stamp Company)
Cardstock: Whisper White notecards and envelopes
Ink/markers: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait
Accessories: Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I made a set of eight of these cards (with coordinating envelopes), and I think that they're much cuter in real life! Here are a few details that are hard to get from the picture:
  • The owl on the left and the yellow bird on the top are cut out and adhered to the card with Dimensionals.
  • The little ribbon bow is adhered to the tree trunk with a Mini Glue Dot.
  • The "scratchy" lines on the side of the tree trunk are part of the stamp. (It looks kind of like the stamp moved while I was stamping, but it didn't. Really.)
Have a great weekend!

No comments: