Monday, August 15, 2011

Two challenges in one

Look at me - back to the challenges! Now I've made three challenge cards in about a week. Woohoo! And with this card I was able to meet two challenges: Sketch Challenge 345 on SCS and the Thinking of You Creative Challenge on SoShelli.com (the blog of Shelli Gardner, the co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!®). It's also a card that's going in my next package for Operation Write Home. So here's my creation:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Just Believe, Sincere Salutations
Card stock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Corner rounder, 1-3/8" circle punch, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, Blender Pens, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

To make the focal image, I colored directly on the stamp with Baja Breeze and Old Olive markers then stamped the image. I then used a Blender Pen with Not Quite Navy and Always Artichoke inks on the stamped image to add some shading to the flowers and leaves. I used the Rock 'n' Roll technique for the circle image; I inked the stamp with Baja Breeze, rolled the edges of the stamp in Not Quite Navy and then stamped on Whisper White. A little ribbon and a few pearls are the perfect soft accents.

Thanks for stopping by!