Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's been a month!

I haven't had time to do any stamping yet this week, but I wanted to share something to mark the end of my first month blogging (can't believe it's already been that long). So here is a thank-you card I made a few weeks ago:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Raining Flowers, Medallion, Tiny Tags
Ink and card stock: Pool Party, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Victoria crochet trim, Basic Pearls, linen thread, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Jewelry Tag punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Ticket Corner punch, Mini Glue Dots®, Dimensionals

I was really pleased with how this card turned out, and I even mailed it in a small padded envelope so it didn't get wrecked. (This picture doesn't do it justice, but since I don't have the card anymore, I can't take a better photo. Bummer.) For the focal image, I stamped the flower three times and cut out the different "rows" of petals, so I had a small flower, medium flower and large flower. Then I layered them on each other with Glue Dots, creating a little bit of dimension. With the stem, I also stamped and cut out an extra pair of leaves to place behind the flower. I wrapped the whole focal piece with a bit of ribbon, added a lace tab to the right side and adhered it to the card with Dimensionals. The tag, which is stamped "thanks {so much}," is tied onto the lace with linen thread.

I think the Medallion stamp works great in the background here; it's a strong image and balances the layout, but since it's stamped in the same color as the card stock, it doesn't overpower the focal point. I added three small punched flowers with pearl centers in the upper left corner, as well as a pearl on the main flower. Finally, the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch gives a soft edge at the bottom of the card.

I hope you liked this card and the other projects I've posted during the last month. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: