Friday, September 2, 2011

Halloween window card

I found a little time to stamp this afternoon, and I decided to make a Halloween card. I had an idea to stamp a haunted house inside a card and then create a window in the card front so you could see the house inside. Here is what I came up with:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®)
Stamps: Home Is Where the Haunt Is, Spooky Bingo Bits
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Jet Black StazOn®, Whisper White craft
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue
Accessories: Window sheets, 2-1/2" circle punch, Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Dimensionals

I added a window sheet behind the punched circle and stamped a few bats on the window sheet so they look like they're flying around the house. The trees on either side of the window and the witch flying past the moon complete this little spooky scene. The witch and "eek!" are both stamped on Bordering Blue and cut out. The moon is just a little sparkly, compliments of the Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

On the inside of the card I added a greeting and a fence around the house. (I stamped the fence crookedly on purpose to fit with the style of the house.)

This was a fun and pretty easy card to make. I do really like the idea of having a window and a little scene on the card, but there's something about the composition I'm not crazy about. It might need a punch of a brighter color somewhere. Or maybe some tweaking to the layout. I guess I'll have to see what other ideas I can come up with!




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: