Thursday, September 22, 2011

'Charm'-ing cards

In my quest to use some old supplies last weekend, I came across several packs of charms I bought quite a few years ago. I often seemed to have a hard time creating a layout I liked that used a charm. Probably explains why I still have so many left. But this weekend I was on a mission. So here's what I created with two packs of charms:

Three bright birthday cards featuring charms as the focal images.

The top two cards were made from one pack of charms. I split up the pack and created a girly card and a more boyish one. The charms on the bottom card all came together in one pack.

These were quick cards to make. I selected colors that coordinated with the charms, used brads to attach the charms to punched shapes and then played with the arrangement until I had a layout I liked. I also added a little detail to the background of each card: an embossed background on the purple card, scored lines at random intervals on the blue card and a bit of stamping on the green one. Here is a closer look at each card:

Purple card embossed with polka dots and three charms: balloons, "happy birthday" and cake.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Card stock: Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose
Accessories: 1-3/8" and scallop circle punches, corner rounder, 1/16" hole punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, silver brads, Lil' Charms (American Traditional Designs), Dimensionals

Turquoise card with embossed lines and three charms: star, "celebrate" and a present.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Card stock: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Real Red 
Accessories: 1-3/8" and 1-3/4"circle punches, 1/16" hole punch, Simply Scored tool, silver brads, Lil' Charms (American Traditional Designs), Dimensionals

Green card with four layered squares and a present charm in each square.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink: Lucky Limeade
Card stock: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Lavender Lace 
Accessories: 1" and 1-3/8"square punches, 1/16" hole punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, silver brads, Lil' Charms (American Traditional Designs), Dimensionals








I think my favorite is the card with the present charms. I probably wouldn't have put those colors together on my own, but I think they look pretty festive!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: