Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cats and dogs

Are you a cat person or a dog person? If I had to label myself as one or the other, I guess I'd say I'm a cat person. Mainly because I grew up having cats, and my sister and I have two cats today, Pirate and Mielle. Here they are looking all cute and innocent (Pirate is on the left). Hah! This is one of the rare moments when they've been snuggling together ... at least one of the rare times they've been caught. More often they ignore, tolerate, chase or just fight with each other.

But even though I've never owned a dog, I definitely love them, too. So today I wanted to share a couple of cards for all the cat and/or dog lovers out there.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cats Galore (Inkadinkado)
Ink: Basic Brown, Pool Party; markers: Going Gray, River Rock, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, Pool Party, Peach Parfait
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Peach Parfait, So Saffron
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, 1-3/8" square punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Crystal Effects, 5/8" So Saffron grosgrain ribbon

For the focal point on this card I used a piece of Peach Parfait card stock with a little scallop edge on the top and bottom. To make the scallops, I punched a strip of So Saffron card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, cut the strip in half and then glued the two pieces to the back of the Peach Parfait, so just a little bit of the scallops are showing. I stamped and punched out the same cat image three times and colored each cat a different color for a little variation. To embellish the So Saffron ribbon, I punched out some blue circles, glued them on the ribbon and coated them with Crystal Effects for a little shine.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Dog's Life (Inkadinkado)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Blue Bayou, Old Olive
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Blue Bayou, Old Olive
Accessories: Dog brads (Around the Block), 1" square punch, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, 1/8" circle punch

I really like the diversity in the types of dog images in this set: cartoonish, realistic, detailed, silhouettes. For this card I tried to select a couple images of each of the different types, so there's a little something for everyone. But I think my favorite detail on this card is the touches of black in the paw-print brad, the square layer and the ribbon on the bottom. This is a pretty simple layout, but it was a fun card to make!

Well, if you're an animal lover (or even if you're not!), I hope you loved my cards, too. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: