Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A little birthday bling

First of all, I want to say that I find it pretty amusing that on Monday I was sweating in shorts and a t-shirt, and now I wish I had my winter clothes out. From 90° to 35° in about two days. And there's a freeze warning tonight. I know it's cliché, but only in Minnesota.

Birthday card with yellow background and three pink and brown cupcakes.
Anyway, with the cooler weather comes the beginning of birthday season in my family. Quite a few of those birthdays are among the seven-and-under set (the first party is this Saturday), and tonight I realized I don't have many kid-friendly cards in my stash. So I decided I'd better work on that.

Inside of card with stamped sentiment and one punchced pink and brown cupcake.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Bring on the Cake (inside card)
Paper: Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Brights Collection Patterns DSP stack
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Cupcake Builder punch, Ticket Corner punch, Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Daffodil Delight pom-pom trim, basic rhinestones, Dazzling Details

I used a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) in Daffodil Delight as a simple but fun background for the three cupcakes on this card. I wanted to add a little bling, so I placed rhinestones in the corners and on the middle cupcake. Then I used Dazzling Details to put some sparkle on the yellow "sprinkles" on the other two cupcakes as well as on the candle flames. A strip of ribbon and some fun pom-pom trim finish off the front of the card.

Inside the card I stamped a greeting and added one more cupcake. I didn't put any rhinestones on this cupcake because I thought they would affect how the card closes. But I think I might go back and add Dazzling Details, at least on the candle flame. A little more sparkle never hurts, right?

Stay tuned for more birthday cards in the coming weeks. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: