Thursday, August 11, 2011

New stamping goodies

Since it's been back to work for me this week, I haven't been able to do nearly as much stamping as I'd like. Sigh. Although my stamping time has been limited, I have been enjoying playing with my new goodies that arrived on Monday. Here is my first card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Array of Sunshine, Pursuit of Happiness
Card stock: Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso marker
Accessories: Real Red satin ribbon, Designer Label punch, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, crystal brads (Making Memories), Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Details, Mini Glue Dots®, Stampin' Dimensionals®, Color Spritzer Tool

I used the new hostess set Array of Sunshine (I love these solid, bold flowers!) and stamped the images all over a sheet of white card stock. I intended to cut up the sheet and use it on multiple cards for a one-sheet wonder technique, but I ended up cutting out some of the flowers from the rest of the sheet to use as a focal point on this card. (Sometimes stamping sacrifices have to be made ...)

It's hard to see in the picture, but on the main red flower, I cut out each of the three layers and adhered them together with Mini Glue Dots, then the whole flower is popped up with a double layer of Stampin' Dimensionals. The two yellow flowers and the leaves are cut out and then adhered with a single layer of Dimensionals, so there are several different levels of height. I punched out the greeting with the Designer Label punch and added a frame from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. A rhinestone, some Dazzling Details and a couple of crystal brads add a little sparkle to this card.

I hope I'll be able to make some more cards tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: