Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trick or treat!

Yes, I realize that Halloween is still more than two months away. But any good crafter needs to get a jump on the holidays if she wants to have time to make cards and/or gifts and get them sent before the big day arrives. But in this case, I'm not really that much ahead of the game. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I'm planning a stamp-a-stack event for early September. As part of that event, everyone will get to make one of these quick and easy Halloween treat bags:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits
Card stock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: 1" x 8" cellophane bags, 1" and 1-3/8" square punches, Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

They really are quick and easy -- I think I made all three of these from start to finish in probably about half an hour (and that includes some time to hem and haw about colors; once that decision is made, they go even faster). The Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set, which works perfectly with the 1" square punch, has great images for treat bag toppers -- and there are 24 different images to choose from!

But the most important part, of course, is what's inside the treat bags: Jelly Belly jelly beans. After chocolate, Jelly Belly jelly beans (not just any old jelly beans) are one of my favorite candies. So many yummy flavors (Pink Grapefruit! Juicy Pear! Kiwi! Dr. Pepper!) and colors that will coordinate with just about anything. For this project, I chose A&W Root Beer, Sunkist Tangerine, French Vanilla and Juicy Pear. (I was limited by the selection that was available at Target, but I think these colors worked out well.) And they're the perfect size for these new treat bags. Now I just have to leave the containers closed until the stamp-a-stack. Maybe I could eat just one ... or one of each flavor to keep it even ...

Disclaimer: I have not received any sort of compensation, monetary or otherwise, from the Jelly Belly company. Though I would gladly accept some free jelly beans. Just sayin'.

No comments: