Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 6: Mini mittens

Today is the halfway point of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series, and I have to admit that I'm proud of myself for writing a post every day. I was worried I would forget one day, but so far, so good. For today's installment, I have a simple vintage-inspired note card featuring a pair of punched mittens.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: More Merry Messages
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler card stock; Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack; Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories: Mitten punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, linen thread, pearls, sponge, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I love these little plaid mittens! To make them, I punched two whole mitten shapes from the plaid DSP. (Be sure to flip the paper over when punching one of the mittens so you get a right and a left one; otherwise both thumbs will face the same direction.) Then I punched out just the bottom part of the mitten from Cherry Cobbler card stock twice to get the cuffs. I glued the cuffs to the mittens, added a little pearl to each one and adhered one end of a piece of linen thread to the back of each mitten. To make it look like the mittens are hanging, I used a Glue Dot to attach a small Early Espresso circle along the middle of the linen thread. Then I used another Glue Dot to attach the circle to the front panel on the card. I placed the mittens in an arrangement I liked and then adhered them to the panel with Dimensionals. The rest is just a quick stamp and some sponging.

Remember, for links to all of the cards posted as part of my blog series, check out the main 12 Days of Christmas Cards post. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: