Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 10: Nature's beauty

Welcome to the tenth installment of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series. Today's card features one of my favorite holiday themes: the beauty of nature.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Nature's Gift (Close to My Heart)
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow
Accessories: Birch Tree embossing folder (Darice), corner rounder, linen thread, Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Dimensionals

This card really wouldn't have to be for Christmas or the holidays at all. I used a few dots from a Pearl Pen to create the look of falling snow on the focal image, and I stamped a holiday greeting inside the card, but if you changed those two things, this would be a beautiful all-occasion card. And it's a great masculine design, too.

To create the background, I embossed a 4" x 4" piece of Crumb Cake card stock with birch trees. Then I lightly rubbed my Crumb Cake ink pad directly on the embossed card stock. It's an easy way to add a little emphasis to an embossed pattern.

Remember, for links to all of the cards posted as part of my blog series, check out the main 12 Days of Christmas Cards post. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: