Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 12: Jolly snowmen

We made it! Today is the final installment of my 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series. I've enjoyed sharing my cards, and I hope you've enjoyed seeing them. For this last post I'm sharing two cards with adorable snowmen images.

Winter-themed greeting card featuring snowflake paper and a snowman image. Made with Square Flip-Its dies from Sizzix.Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: KB's Heart Looking Up (Endless Creations), Christmas Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White card stock; Holiday Thyme Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Basic Gray, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist; light gray alcohol marker (Copic C1)
Accessories: Square Flip-Its #2 dies (Sizzix), Frosted Sequins, Glue Dots

We got snow (and very cold temps!) early this year, and it's already making me grumpy about winter. But this little snowmen looks so happy about the snow that I can't help smiling at least a little.

I love that this image fits in the Square Flip-Its dies, and I kept a simple design to go with the clean line-art image. I used DSP on just one side of the card and stamped a sentiment on the bottom of the layer. A few silver sequins and snowflakes are all the embellishment this little guy needed. (On the back of the flipping square I adhered a blank square of Whisper White card stock so I can write a simple little message.)

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: KB's Snowman Knitted (Endless Creations), Jolly Bingo Bits, More Merry Messages
Paper: Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Basic Gray, Tangelo Twist, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, light gray alcohol marker (Copic C1)
Accessories: 1-3/8" square punch, All Is Calm washi tape, Frosted Sequins, white baker's twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

This stamp from Endless Creations is a fun one, because on one side of the block is the image with the snowman facing left, and on the other side of the block is the mirror image. Love it! (Actually, the snowman image from the previous card is the same type of stamp.)

I stamped, colored and punched out four of the images and grouped them together on a square of Lost Lagoon card stock. I adhered that near the top of the card base, which I had stamped with a few scattered snowflakes. At the bottom of the card I added a piece of silver striped washi tape, a strip of Lost Lagoon card stock stamped with a greeting and a piece of white baker's twine tied in a bow. I finished the card with a few snowflake sequins.

Thanks for following my 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series. I hope you found some inspiration for your own holiday cards or cards for any occasion. I'd love to know which card(s) were your favorites; just leave a comment below or in any of the other posts in the series. (For links to all of the cards posted as part of the series, check out the main 12 Days of Christmas Cards post.) I'm going to take a few days off from blogging, but I'll be back next week with other cards and projects. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: