Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 5: Winter window scene

Welcome to the fifth installment of the 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series. Today's card, a winter window scene, would be a great card for anytime during the winter, not just the holidays.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cardinal in Trees (Paper Source), Filigree
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze card stock
Ink: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Soft Suede
Accessories: Grand Madison Window die (Poppy Stamps), Simply Scored tool, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I made some beautiful Christmas cards with the Cardinal in Trees stamp last year (see A change of colors and More wintry trees), and I was excited to discover that it was the perfect size for my new Grand Madison Window die. So I set out to create a scene of looking out a window at a peaceful winter snowfall. I think I accomplished my goal with this card.

For the focal image I used markers to apply ink to the rubber stamp and create the multicolored image. Then I adhered the image behind a die-cut window.

I created the look of wallpaper on the top half of the card base by stamping the Filigree background stamp with Baja Breeze ink on Baja Breeze card stock. For the "wainscoting" on the bottom half, I used the Simply Scored tool to make a score line every 1/4" on a piece of Whisper White card stock. I adhered that piece to the card base and then added a narrow strip of white along the top to look like a chair rail. Using Dimensionals I adhered the window piece to the card front. I love the crisp combination of white and blue with the little pop of red from the cardinal.

Remember, for links to all of the cards posted as part of my blog series, check out the main 12 Days of Christmas Cards post. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: