Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A little punchy

I love stamps that coordinate with punches. It's so fun and easy to just stamp an image, color it if needed and then punch it out. What could be better? Hmm ... maybe a stamp that coordinates with multiple punches. The Quint-Essential Flower stamp from the new Stampin' Up!® catalog coordinates with not one, but five different punches -- the 2-3/8" scallop circle, 1-3/4" scallop circle, 1" circle, 3/4" circle and 1/2" circle -- which presents a lot of different opportunities for layering. Here is the first card I made with this stamp:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Quint-Essential Flower
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Island Indigo card stock; Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Accessories: 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Neutrals brads, Dimensionals

I decided on a classic red, yellow and blue color combination, and I stamped the flower three times, once in each color. Then it was time to get punchy. I punched out the whole red flower, the middle of the yellow flower and the center of the blue flower and layered them together with Dimensionals.

When I looked at the pattern in the flower stamp, I thought it would coordinate well with the Summer Smooches DSP, so I selected three different prints from the DSP that matched the color combo. I die cut a shape out of the blue print for a background, and I used strips of the red and yellow prints to create pennant shapes for the bottom of the flower.

I punched two mini blue scallop circles and adhered one to each side of the blue die-cut. At the center of each of those mini scallop circles I used a white brad to attach the die-cut to a piece of Crumb Cake card stock embossed with polka dots. Finally I used Dimensionals to adhere the layer of Crumb Cake card stock to the card front and to adhere the flower to the blue die-cut.

I'm really pleased with how this card came together, and I'm looking forward to use this stamp with other color and punch combinations. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: