Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pair of card sets

Yesterday morning I finally sat down to organize all the cards I've been making the past couple of months and put them into the box that holds my stash of cards. (I had been just dropping them into a shoebox.) But it didn't take me long to realize that they weren't all going to fit. Apparently I've been making more than I've been sending. So when I sat down to make some cards, I wasn't sure what to do. Clearly, I don't need anymore cards myself at the moment. And I just sent cards to Operation Write Home last week. So instead I decided to make a couple of card sets for friends' birthdays coming up later this month.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Lace Ribbon Border punch, Decorative Brads - Pewter
Round 2 (Making Memories)


I made eight of these cards, two of each of the four colors, and embossed the front of each card with the Framed Tulips embossing folder. I used collage, or random, stamping on a sheet of Very Vanilla card stock and then cut the sheet into eight pieces (about 2-3/4" by 4") to make the center panels for the cards. To create an embellishment for each card, I punched a small strip of card stock with the Lace Ribbon Border punch and cut apart two of the flower shapes from the punched strip. I gently crumpled the flowers and then attached them to the stamped panel with a decorative brad.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms, Petite Pairs
Card stock: Whisper White, Pink Passion, Ballet Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Pink Passion, Ballet Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Basic Black marker
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

This card set has a bolder color combo than the first group. I do like these colors, although I'm not sure they're quite right with this stamp set. But I was going for bright and cheerful, and I think I got that.

Again, I made eight cards for this set, two for each greeting. But I mixed up the color combos so none of the cards use the same two colors. I used a clean and simple layout with just a few rhinestones for embellishment. I also doodled a border on the Whisper White layer on each card for another little detail.

For both sets, I also stamped the envelopes to coordinate with the cards. And to package them, I put each set of cards and envelopes in an organza bag. Now I have two birthday gifts ready to go! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: