Saturday, June 9, 2012

A walk in the garden

Today I have three floral cards to share. Each one uses a different stamp set, but they were all inspired by the idea of a walk in the garden, which seems fitting now that we've definitely turned the corner into summer. (All supplies are from Stampin' Up!®.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Raining Flowers
Card stock: Naturals Ivory, Concord Crush, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, More Mustard
Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, basic pearls, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I often struggle with this stamp set because all the flowers have just a little bit different style, so it's hard for me to put them together. But I'm pleased with how this card turned out; I especially like the two pops of red.

Supplies:
Stamps: Greenhouse Garden
Card stock: Naturals Ivory, Old Olive
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, More Mustard, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Accessories: 1/8" Old Olive taffeta ribbon, corner rounder, Dazzling Details, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

This is my favorite type of card to make with this stamp set. It's actually not hard to create, but it does involve a fair amount of cutting. Happily for me, I don't really mind all the fussy cutting; it can be sort of calming and therapeutic. Once the flowers are cut out, it's just a matter of layering them over the stamped flowers with Mini Glue Dots and Dimensionals to create different levels of depth. It's hard to see in this photo, but I also added a bit of Dazzling Details glitter glue in the flower centers. (Here's a fun tip about this set: The little violet flower also makes a good four-leaf clover if, like me, you someday find yourself needing to make something for St. Patrick's Day without any Irish-themed stamps.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, textured Soft Suede
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals

This is a simple card, but I created a little visual interest by adhering the focal piece to the card at an angle instead of centering it on the card front. I also added a bit of texture by embossing polka dots on the background.

I hope you enjoyed this little walk through the garden. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: