Sunday, June 17, 2012

Daisy trios

So today I have a couple of flower cards to share. I know, I know, shocking, right? Well, it dawned on me this morning that since it's Father's Day I really should have planned better so I would have had some masculine cards to post. Bummer, dude. Well, if you're looking for some masculine card ideas, feel free to scroll down to the "cards - masculine" category on the right-hand sidebar and check them out. In the meantime, here are my cards, made with the new Stampin' Up!® set Reason to Smile.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Reason to Smile
Card stock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, In Color printed designer brads, 1-3/4" circle punch, Decorative Label punch, bone folder, Dimensionals

This is a pretty straightforward card with a little stamping, punching and layering. I used my paper cutter and bone folder to make the two scored lines near the bottom of the card. I love the pops of color against the gray background, and the printed brads work perfectly as the centers for the flowers. 

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Reason to Smile
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Rose Red, Summer Starfruit
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Summer Starfruit, Chocolate Chip 
Accessories: Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, 5/16" Neutrals brads, Dimensionals

This stamp set reminds me of Gerbera daisies, so I wanted to use bright colors for this card. But once I had the flowers stamped, colored and cut out, I struggled with a layout. I finally decided to layer them on circles of coordinating card stock to really make them stand out, add ribbon "stems" and adhere them to a light blue layer to look like the sky. I like the idea of this card, but I'm still not completely happy with the execution. I think if I were to make it again, I might skip the card stock circles and use narrower ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by. And I hope all the dads, grandfathers, uncles and other father figures out there have a wonderful Father's Day!
 

No comments: