Friday, October 6, 2017

Happy robot birthday

I have more than a dozen friends and family members with October birthdays, and several of them are kids. So here's a bright, kid-friendly birthday card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Robo Birthday, Get in Gear (both Raisin Boat)
Paper: Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Cucumber Crush; Tempting Turquoise marker; alcohol markers: Soft Sky, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate Blendabilities, YG09 Lettuce Green (Copic Ciao); journaling pen
Accessories: Balloon punch, google eyes (unknown), mini-pinking scissors (Fiskars), Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals

I think this robot is fun, and I really like how it looks with the gears in the background. All those gears are separate images, so you can mix and match whichever shapes you want. I picked several gears in different sizes and mounted them together on a large clear block. Then I inked and stamped them all together a few times to cover the background, which was much faster than switching between the stamps. When I was done with the larger images, I filled in any empty spaces with the small dot image.

For the focal layer, I stamped the robot on Whisper White card stock and colored it with alcohol markers. I cut out the image with a stitched circle die and adhered it to the card base with Dimensionals. For a couple of fun details I glued on some google eyes and added a balloon with a hand-drawn string.

I stamped and colored the sentiment on a strip of white card stock and trimmed the ends with a mini pinking scissors to coordinate with the gears. I also repeated that zig-zag element when I doodled the border around the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Lots of perfect details here - the industrial looking font in the sentiment, bright colors, the mis-matched size of eyes is so cute.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy!

Sunshine said...

Oh wow, what a cool background with all the gears! I love the whole card and especially the colours! What a great fun card Andrea!
Whoever receives it is going to love it too!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I can’t wait to try those gears on a masculine card.