Friday, October 27, 2017

More crafting!

This weekend is my Second Official October Craft Weekend (SOOCW). I am spending a few days at my friend Lisa’s house while her husband is on his annual fishing trip with the boys. As it turns out, it’s a perfect weekend to be inside crafting (and a less-than-perfect weekend to be outside fishing), because this is what is happening:


Gross. I mean, the snow is beautiful and all. But not in October. October. And not when it was in the 70s
like two weeks ago. Whatever, weather gods. What. Ever.

But Lisa and I decided to combat the dreariness with that which makes everything better: chocolate. And the smell of treats baking in the oven. Lisa found a recipe for chocolate chocolate chip cookies that uses oat flour and whole wheat flour for a slightly healthier option:


They are delicious. And I might have already eaten three. Oh, wait. Lisa just brought me another with a cup of tea. I guess I can FORCE myself to eat another. Somebody has to do it.

So, for this SOOCW, I decided to not give myself any project goals. This month has been so busy that I just wanted to relax. So I brought my Gelli plate, Distress Oxide inks, watercolor supplies and (lots of) other paraphernalia for play time. Here is my workspace this afternoon:


Woohoo! This is only the second creative session I’ve had with my Distress Oxide inks, and I’m having a great time. (Confession: I still haven’t posted the cards I made from the results of my first session. But they’re coming. Promise.) I think I might just make backgrounds all day today and then turn them into cards tomorrow. Or maybe not. There are no crafting rules!

But I do need to get back to “work,” so thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I'm so sorry you have having terrible weather, but I did enjoy the photo of the snow!! It is too hot here to snow (remind me I said that, in the middle of next Winter!) so I enjoy seeing photos of the snow! Sorry! Your chocolate chocolate chip cookies look delicious! I look forward to seeing what you have made on your SOOCW! I Will check in later in the week when I get home from hopital - have fun and don't eat too many cookies!!
Sunshine,
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com