Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Birthday craft retreat

Last weekend, I spent a few days with "the girls" enjoying a birthday craft retreat. We rented a farmhouse in western Wisconsin and had a great time. Here are just a few pictures:

This cute shed was on the property, and the fields seemed to go on forever.

See? More fields (soybeans, I think). It was so cool looking along the straight rows.

My friend Lisa and I took a couple of afternoon walks, and it was amazing how quiet the outside was. On Thursday afternoon, all I could hear was the wind in the trees. No traffic. No underlying buzz that seems to be a regular part of city life. We did see a few cars on this road -- and even a couple of airplanes in the sky -- but overall it was very peaceful.

Birthday dinner! Enchiladas, chickpea salad and black beans with corn. A special shout out to Lisa and my sister for being the chefs for the evening.

Another birthday cake! I will never turn down cake, and this one was my favorite: yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It was also vegan, homemade by my sister and delicious!

I was not very successful at blowing out the candles. I practically had to blow out each one individually. I think someone searched for wind-resistant candles.

Give me an empty crafting table and I will fill it with supplies. That's my table in the foreground, and Lisa sat across from me, working on her Halloween and Christmas cards.

I made fifty-three cards over the weekend. I'll be sharing several of them in upcoming posts (some were from card kits, so I won't post those separately). I actually wish I had finished more cards, but all in all it was a productive weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time - friends & family, celebration, good food, crafting time...in a relaxing location!
(by the way - yes, you are correct - those are soybeans!) :-)
Judy

Sunshine said...

Oh wow, I love the photo of the little shed and the hills behind it! So cute! And all those rows and rows of soybeans that seem to go on forever, as you said! The food looks yummy and so does that gorjuss cake! Not forgetting all those cards you made!! Oh my gosh,you did well and sounds like a fun weekend!
I am like you, an empty table is just begging me to fill it up with stuff!! Even my dining table has craft things on it!
Have a great week Andrea!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com