Monday, October 23, 2017

A crazy schedule and a simple card

October is always a very busy month for me. A dozen friends and family members celebrate their birthdays, and two of my cousins just had three new babies -- twins for one of the families -- so that means even more parties! With the craft retreat a couple of weeks ago, another craft weekend coming up, and a very discombobulated work schedule due to the time off, I haven't been able to keep up with my blog. I have things to share, just not a lot of time to write the posts. So I have a quick post tonight, and I'll try to get in one more this week. I'm hoping to be back to a more regular schedule next week.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sweet Havana (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Marina Mist, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Calypso Coral, Real Red
Accessories: Sweet Havana dies (Mama Elephant), Stitched Shapes and Layering Circles Framelits dies, Layered Leaves embossing folder, Marina Mist cotton ribbon, 4mm and 6mm sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals

For my cousin's baby shower on Oct. 1, I not only made the invitations, but I also made six sets of cards to be used as prizes for the games. Each set had four cards; some sets were all the same, and others used a common layout with slight differences, such as a different sentiment on each card in the set. This card design was for one of the sets that had all the same card.

I used a new set from Mama Elephant to stamp and die cut the jug and flowers. After I layered them together, I used Dimensionals to attach the grouping to a white stitched circle matted with a Marina Mist scalloped circle. For the card base I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake card stock with leaves, wrapped a piece of Marina Mist ribbon around the card front, and added the focal image with Dimensionals. I added three clear sequins and painted some of the flowers with Wink of Stella to create a little sparkle.

This is a simple card, but I love these images. And a set of these cards would be perfect for a variety of occasions. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: