Thursday, November 2, 2017

My own Painted Harvest DSP

Last week I posted one of the card designs I used for the card sets I made for my cousin's baby shower. Today I want to share another:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Painted Harvest
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede card stock
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green
Accessories: Leaf punch, Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, polka dot Soft Suede ribbon, Dimensionals, mini Dimensionals

As with the previous card, I made four cards of this same design for one of the sets. I stamped a full sheet of Whisper White card stock with the sunflower, leaf and acorn images -- sort of like making my own Designer Series Paper (DSP) -- and then cut it into four 4" x 5-1/4" pieces. I adhered a piece of polka dot ribbon across each piece of "DSP" and then adhered them to Soft Suede card bases.

For the focal image on each card, I stamped a sunflower on white card stock and cut it out with a stitched circle die. I used Dimensionals to attach the circle over the ribbon and added two stamped and punched leaf clusters.

The cards seemed a bit unfinished to me, so I used a Soft Suede marker to doodle a border around the outside edges of the stamped layer. I think it works well with the rustic look of these images.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: