Saturday, November 4, 2017

Cheery yellow coneflowers

I'm back to share the third card design I used for the card sets for my cousin's shower. This set of four (all the same design) features a simple yellow coneflower.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Art Definition, Beth's Coneflower (both Endless Creations), Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Crushed CUrry, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Daffodil Delight double-stitched ribbon, Stardust clear Gelly Roll pen (Sakura), 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Simply Scored board, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I've looked at this coneflower stamp at several of the past rubber stamp shows I've attended, and I finally decided to buy it last summer. I also bought the definition background stamp, and I think they work so well together. I love this image stamped in yellow; yellow flowers always look so cheery.

For this card I stamped the definition on Whisper White card stock with Crumb Cake ink. I wanted to add some shading to the flower, so I inked the petals with Daffodil Delight and then lightly applied Crushed Curry along the edges of the petals. I did the same with the stem and leaves using Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. (The center of the flower is Early Espresso.) Unfortunately, the two yellows were too similar, and I couldn't see the shading. So I accented parts of the flowers with a glitter pen:

I added three clear sequins around the stamped image and tore off the edges of the card stock to add a bit of a rustic look.

For the rest of the card I scored a border around the edges of a Crumb Cake card base. I used a splatter-type image to add a subtle background. I adhered a piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon just below the middle of the card front and used Dimensionals to attach the focal layer over the ribbon.

I was having so much fun playing with this stamp that I decided to make another design that I turned into a birthday card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Beth's Coneflower (Endless Creations)
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, white gel pen
Accessories: Layering Ovals Framelits dies, washi tape (Stampin' Up! and Eyeloet Outlet), Crushed Curry baker's twine, Dazzling Metallics sequins (Craft Medley), paper-piercing tool, Stardust clear Gelly Roll pen (Sakura), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals

I stamped the flower using the same technique as with the previous card. This time I die cut the flower with an oval die and added a scalloped Early Espresso oval behind the flower. I pierced a hole in each scallop to add an extra detail and then glued a bow to the flower stem.

For the card front, I placed three pieces of washi tape across a piece of Crumb Cake card stock. I adhered the focal piece over the washi tape and added three gold sequins. The background seemed a little plain, so I doodled a double border around the edges of the Crumb Cake card stock and then adhered the whole panel to an Early Espresso card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always liked the look of a design over a text background! And the kraft/brown, yellow, green combo on both cards looks great. Like both of them a great deal.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I'm really glad I finally caved and bought these stamps. :)