Monday, November 27, 2017

A couple of party pals

The Party Pals stamp set and die combo was one of the items I received in my prize package from Taylored Expressions back in September. I've only had a chance to make one card with it so far, but I think it's a pretty cute card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Party Pals stamp and die combo (Taylored Expressions), Birthday Balloons (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, watercolor pencils
Accessories: Washi tape (Paper Pumpkin kit), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Word Bubbles Framelits dies, Dimensionals

What do you think? I colored the characters with watercolor pencils, adding Wink of Stella for a little sparkle, and used a strip of washi tape to ground them and give them a place to "stand." The sentiment fit perfectly in the word bubble die, and the tone-on-tone stars add a festive detail without distracting from the focal images.

I had to play around for awhile before I settled on this layout, but I love how the card ultimately came together. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Too cute! Love the colour combo:-) They look very happy and the cake looks delish!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com