Thursday, November 9, 2017

Last two card sets

I've been sharing the card sets I made as prizes for my cousin's baby shower, and I have two sets left. Unlike the other sets, these cards included stamped greetings, so each set has four different cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Jar of Love
Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach card stock; Neutrals Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Everyday Jars Framelits dies; Pool Party thick baker's twine; yellow and peach floss (past Paper Pumpkin kits); Brights, Subtles, In Color enamel shapes; clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen; Dimensionals; Mono Multi liquid glue; Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch; Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

I started by choosing an image to use with each sentiment and then stamping, die cutting and assembling the jars using the color combo of Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Peekaboo Peach. I had a hard time deciding on a card layout that worked with each of the jars, so I settled on something simple: I used a neutral Smoky Slate card base with a strip of Smoky Slate text-printed DSP. Behind the bottom edge of the DSP on each card I adhered a strip of scalloped card stock in the same color as the twine tied to the jar. I rounded the corners of the card bases, placed an enamel dot in the upper right corner and added a bit of sparkle by applying clear Wink of Stella glitter on the stamped images.

The second card set is a little more bright and bold. I also ended up with a "bonus" card that I used as a birthday card for my stash.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sincere Salutations, Sprinkles and Smiles (Penny Black)
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock, Fiesta Forever card stock stack (DCWV)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Ray of Sunshine cutting plate (Taylored Expressions), Starburst and 2" circle punches, gold sequin trim, iridescent sequins (unknown), Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), gold/white twine

I bought the Ray of Sunshine die at the stamp expo last summer, and this was my first chance to try it out. I used the die to cut five pieces of bright card stock with tone-on-tone patterns. I mixed and matched the pieces and adhered each background to a white card base.

For the focal point, I stamped four sentiments on white card stock and punched them out with a 2" circle punch. I layered each white circle on a starburst punch that matches the "frame" of the background. I added a length of sequin trim behind the sentiment and three individual sequins around the sentiment.

Here is the fifth card. For this one I decided to skip the sequin trim and instead added a gold bow to the focal layer and three sequins on the patterned paper. (I think I like this layout a bit better.)

I also painted clear Wink of Stella glitter over the yellow segments to add some fun shine:















Whew! Now that I've shared all those card sets, I can move onto other projects. And I actually have quite a few that I've been saving. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: