Thursday, June 14, 2012

Simple gift box

This weekend I am getting together with one of my friends to celebrate (belatedly) her birthday. I needed to wrap her present, but instead of using wrapping paper, I decided to use some rub-ons to personalize a plain gable-style box. 

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Kraft gable box, Love & Happiness rub-ons, Raspberry Ripple and Crumb Cake card stock, ribbon (American Crafts "Dunk Tank" Elements), 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, crochet thread (DMC), Dimensionals

I wanted a simple color combination, so I used only white rub-ons, which stand out nicely against the kraft box. For the front of the box I placed a swirl and flowers on the left side and three butterflies on the upper right corner. On the other three sides of the box, I randomly placed small flowers, singly or in groups of two or three.

To add a punch of color, I tied a bow of raspberry red ribbon around the handle. I made a gift card (approximately 2-1/2" square) out of Crumb Cake card stock and added another touch of the accent color by placing a rub-on on Raspberry Ripple card stock, punching it out with a scallop circle punch and adhering it to the card with Dimensionals. I wrote my happy birthday message inside the card and used white crochet thread to tie the tag onto the bow. Voila!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: