Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Basket full of wishes

Today I'm going to share a fun card that would be great to send for a birthday, congratulations or even just a little pick-me-up.

Supplies:
Stamps: Basket Full of Wishes (Unity Stamp Co.)
Paper: Neutral ivory card stock (The Paper Company), Tea for Two mini deck (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Basic Brown pad (Stampin' Up!); Wild Wasabi, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa markers (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabillities dies (Spellbinders), Scor-Pal and Scor-Bug embosser (Scor-Pal), paper piercer, mini flower punch (Punch Bunch), green ribbon, 3 mm red brads, Mono Multi liquid glue (Tombow), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Mini Gllue Dots (Glue Dots)

For the background, I used three coordinating pieces of patterned paper cut into different sizes of squares and rectangles. I adhered them to the card front leaving about 1/4" between each piece and around the border. (I don't have a scientific way for doing this. I just started with one piece of paper in a corner and worked out from there, switching up patterns and sizes.) Then I pierced lines of holes along the borders of ivory card stock.

I stamped and colored the bicycle image and then cut it out with a scalloped oval die. (I also pierced holes in the scallops of the oval.) To make the bicycle even cuter, I placed a mini red brad at the center of each wheel and punched several flowers to glue in the basket. (The stamped image does have flowers in the basket, but I wanted a little more dimension.) I used a leftover piece of one of the patterned papers -- the floral one in the top left corner and bottom middle -- to punch out the flowers so they're multicolored and they coordinate nicely with the background. The final touch on the focal image was a double bow tied with variegated green ribbon.

Inside the card I stamped the greeting "A basket full of wishes." I like this type of multipurpose greeting because it's great for many different occasions, and I can personalize the card for the recipient. Another option would be to stamp this greeting on the front of the card with the bicycle and then stamp a more specific greeting (happy birthday, congratulations, etc.) inside the card.

I also had some leftover punched flowers that I decided to glue inside the card. It looks like the flowers here are a bit shadowy, but that's because I used just a drop of liquid glue to adhere only the centers of the flowers, so the petals are sticking up a bit (and creating a shadow from the flash on my camera).




Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: