Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 4: Shaker card

I hope you're enjoying my 12 Days of Christmas Cards blog series so far. I always like making Christmas cards, and it's been fun deciding which design(s) to post each day. For today's installment, the fourth in the series, I'm going to share a festive shaker card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Ornamental Season (Unity Stamp Company)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky card stock; white mini oval shaker overlay (The Paper Cut)
Ink: Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz; light gray alcohol marker (Copic C1)
Accessories: Oval shaker card pouch (Impression Obsession), Holiday Frame embossing folder, All Is Calm washi tape, 1/8" silver ribbon, silver glass glitter, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

This card is really pretty in person, and I don't think the photo does it justice. The lighting wasn't quite right, so the soft color pallet looks a little dull.

At any rate, this was a straightforward card to make. I stamped and colored the image then adhered the shaker pouch with glitter over the image. I debated how to decorate the white overlay when I remembered I have the Holiday Frame embossing folder. It was the perfect frame for the shaker, and I like how the embossing picks up the swirls in the stamped image. I used silver washi tape to make a border along the top and bottom of the overlay, added a silver bow and adhered the overlay to the card base with Dimensionals.

Remember, for links to all of the cards posted as part of my blog series, check out the main 12 Days of Christmas Cards post. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: