Monday, February 11, 2013

Last-minute valentines

As I was addressing my valentines over the weekend, I realized that I was a few cards short. I didn't have time to create anything too elaborate, so I decided to start with a layout I used in my "Valentines or anytime" post and make it just a little more festive.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless othewise noted):
Stamps: Turtle & Co.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, small heart punch, Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, corner rounder, google eyes (Inkadinkadoo), Dimensionals

I embossed a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Gumball Green card stock and adhered it to a card base of the same color. I adhered a piece of pink stitched grosgrain ribbon across the card front and added a small Primrose Petals punched heart in the bottom right corner. For the focal point I stamped and colored the frog and the heart/thought bubble on Whisper White card stock. I rounded the corners of the panel, matted it with Primrose Petals card stock and used Dimensionals to adhere to to the card over the ribbon. For a fun little touch I glued google eyes on the frog.

I made a couple of cards with this design and thought I was done. Well, apparently my counting skills are sometimes lacking because when I got down to the last five valentines, I realized I was still one card short. Good grief. Happily, I remembered that I have some Valentine's Day-themed patterned paper, so I pulled out a sheet and put together one last quick card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Filled with Love
Paper: Pool Party card stock, Sweet Stripes printed paper (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Full and small heart punches, Pool Party baker's twine, Dimensionals

I cut a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of striped paper (it's also shimmery, but that's hard to see in the photo) to a Pool Party card base. I also used a scrap of the striped paper to cut out an arrow freehand. I punched out one large and three small hearts from Pool Party card stock and stamped a greeting on the large heart. I used a craft knife to make a slit on either side of the greeting and then slid the arrow through the heart. I glued the hearts to the card front, using Dimensionals for the small hearts, and wrapped Pool party baker's twine around the bottom of the card. Minimal time and supplies, but maximum valentine fun.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: