Saturday, February 16, 2013

Thanks a ton

Last week I needed to make a few quick thank-you cards, and here is the 3" x 3" card I designed:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Patterned Occasions
Card stock: Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla
Ink: Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Bordering Blue markers
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, white baker's twine, pearls, Dimensionals

I started with a Perfect Plum card base, tore a strip off the bottom of the card front and adhered a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock to the inside of the card front. (I used to use this technique a lot when I made cards, and it was fun to try it again.) I wrapped a piece of So Saffron ribbon around the card front so the ends of the ribbon were on the right side of the card. Tip: I used a little adhesive to secure the ribbon to the card stock. Then I wrapped a piece of baker's twine around the ends of the ribbon several times, pulling the twine tightly to gather the ribbon, and tied the twine in a knot. I trimmed the ends of the ribbon to look a little more decorative.

For the focal point, I used markers to color the elephant image from the Patterned Occasions stamp set, stamped it on Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. I then used Perfect Plum to color the ear part of the image, stamped it on scratch card stock, cut it out and used a Dimensional to adhere it to the main image. I also used Dimensionals to attach the punched image to the card, and for a final detail I added a small pearl to the flower on the stamped image and a large pearl to the upper left corner of the card.

Thanks (a ton) for stopping by!

No comments: