Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine trucks

I have a few boys in my toddler class who are completely obsessed with trucks. They play with them (i.e., fight over them), watch them out the window, and know the official names of more construction trucks then I thought existed. Needless to say, truck-themed valentines seemed in order.

3" x 3" red Valentine cards with images of dump trucks and pick-up trucks carrying hearts.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cars and Trucks stamp set (DeNami Design)
Card stock: Confetti White, Soft Sky, Basic Black, textured Real Red
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Basic Black, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Garden Green, Pacific Point markers
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Owl Builder punch, Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

I always  keep my toddler valentines simple (one- and two-year-olds don't really appreciate the work that goes into a handmade card after all). For these cards I started with a 3" x 3" card base and adhered a 2-1/2" circle of Soft Sky card stock to the middle of the card. I used the 2-1/2" circle punch again to punch just a part of the circle out of Basic Black card stock for the road. I stamped, colored and cut out a dump truck and a pick-up truck and glued a small heart to the back of each truck. (I used the Owl Builder punch to make the little hearts.) Then I used Dimensionals to attach the trucks to the card so it looks like they're driving on the road. Before passing out the valentines, I will write each recipient's name in the space above the trucks. That's it - quick, easy and fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: