Tuesday, December 14, 2021

2021 Christmas card recap + blog update

Wow - Christmas Eve is just ten days away! I meant to post this little recap at the beginning of the month, but here we are. If you make holiday cards, you probably have them finished by this time, but if you do need to make any last-minute cards -- or maybe a gift tag or two -- here is a bit of inspiration for you. If nothing else, you can tuck away the ideas for next year.

Click on each month for the full post, including supply lists for the cards.

January: Gel print trees


February: Cards from calendars


March: Naughty or nice?


April: Polar bear parade


May: Toile silhouettes


June: Sparkly joy


July: Simple shimmer

I did make a few gift tags and last-minute cards last week (trying to use up some of the papers and embellishments in my stash), but I didn't take any photos to post. I was just having fun creating and didn't stop to write down supplies or take pictures.

On that note, I am going to take a break from my blog in the new year. For a variety of reasons it's been hard to keep up with it during the past couple of years, and I've felt guilty for not posting enough and then overwhelmed when I go through the photos of all the cards and projects that still need to be shared. Also, I've been struggling with crafting in general, and when I do have the time and energy, I want to spend it actually making things and not keeping track of supplies, setting up cards to take pictures, and sitting at the computer.

I'm not sure how long of a break I will take, or even if I will come back to my blog at all. I won't be taking it down or deleting anything, so I hope it continues to offer a bit of inspiration. I may still pop on here and there for a quick post, but I'm not giving myself any "rules" or schedules. And who knows, maybe after a couple of months I'll be ready to go again.

I am still planning at least one more post before the end of the month so I can share the desk calendars I made for Christmas gifts this year. Stay tuned for that. And if you're interested, you can find me on Instagram: @snippetsbyandrea. I honestly don't post there a ton, either, but I do check in every day. :)

Thanks for stopping by today -- and for the last ten years!


4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Oh my gosh I don't have a favourite, they are all so good! h, what a great variety of cards you have made through the year!
I have enjoyed every post on your blog for the last however many years I don't know. I will miss your posts but that's ok. You need to take care of you and do what is right for you. There are times when I am overwhelmed by things and just don't or can't post anything. Crafting should always be fun and something you do because you enjoy it. The same goes for posting on your blog, it should be fun.
Have a fabulous Christmas and a great New Year!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

They are all wonderful (your ability to create with so many different styles has always impressed me!). But, for me, April's whimsical bears are the favorite. Cute, playful, sweet creations always tug at my heart.
Best to you in the future...I'll check back for the calendar post and if you return to posting other projects in the future. Thanks, too, for the info about your instagram...not a platform I active on...but will hope to find your postings there.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine! Maybe someday soon I'll make something I just have to share, and I'll be back to post. :)

Andrea said...

Thank you so much, Judy! Those polar bears are my all-time favorite Christmas stamp set. And thanks for all of your thoughtful comments!