Friday, June 25, 2021

June Christmas cards: Sparkly joy

For my June Christmas cards, I have a design that is easy to mass produce, nice and flat for mailing, and festive and sparkly to boot!

Supplies:
Stamps: Joyful Noel (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, red glimmer paper (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Real Red, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Berry Burst markers (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Joyful Noel dies (Concord & 9th), Art Glitter Glue

These cards are pretty self-explanatory, but here's a quick rundown of the process. I started by stamping the wreath in the middle of each card base -- I didn't measure for perfect placement, just eyeballed it -- and then the sentiment in the middle of each wreath. I made six cards of this design and did all the stamping first so the ink had time to dry and wouldn't smear when I was coloring.

And while the ink was drying I die cut all the letters out of red glimmer paper. It doesn't look too impressive in the photo, but that sparkle really does add some "oomph." I glued a J and a Y on each card and then colored the little lights on the wreath. I could have added more sparkle by coloring the lights with glitter pens or by adding some embellishments, but I decided that I liked this simple "Joy" just the way it was.

I hope your day is filled with joy -- and a little sparkle! Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

You are so organized to have already made some of your Christmas cards! I was just thinking last night, that maybe I should get some of mine done, but that was as far as I got, just 'thinking' about it! I can imagine how sparkly and twinkly your cards are in real life, they are great!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Pretty and festive - just perfect, I'd say!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! When the holidays finally arrive, it's fun to look back at the Christmas cards I've made over the year. Sometimes I even forget about the ones I made early on. :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I wanted quick but cute, and I think I got it. :)