Wednesday, June 30, 2021

One in a melon

I've got a quick post today to share a bright, cheerful card that's perfect for summer but would be cute any time of year.

Supplies:
Stamps: Orange You Sweet (Concord & 9th), Punny Man 2 (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Gumball Green card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: watermelon Wonder, Gumball Green (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Starburst punch (Stampin' Up!), Circles Collection dies (Stampin' Up!), black-and-white baker's twine (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

Isn't this a fun card to say thanks to a friend or to just let someone know you're thinking of them? It was easy to make, too, so you could create a bunch to have on hand or whip one up if you need a card on short notice.

I started by stamping the green circles on a piece of white card stock and then filling them in with the solid circle image stamped in red. I stamped the cluster of seeds to finish the watermelons, and then added a few larger seeds in the white spaces between the watermelons.

I matted the white card stock with a layer of red card stock, wrapped baker's twine around the panel, and tied it off in a knot. Then I adhered the panel to a green card base.

For the focal point, I stamped the sentiment in red ink, punched it out with a starburst punch, and added a few stamped seeds. I layered that piece on a green die-cut circle and used foam tape to attach it over the knot in the baker's twine. I decided to skip extra embellishments, but you could also add a few sequins or even coat a few of the seeds with something like Glossy Accents to make them shiny (just remember to leave extra drying time).

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Oh yumm! I love watermelon and these cards are so cute Andrea! I really like the colours you used too! You could use these cards for all kinds of occasions just by changing the sentiment. Great job!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love it - it made me smile! Always enjoy a good pun and it would bring cheer to anyone's day.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! It would be fun to make a set of these cards with different sentiments!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I love a good punny sentiment!