Saturday, May 22, 2021

May Christmas cards: Toile silhouettes

For my May Christmas cards, I wanted to make something quick and easy. I planned to use some Designer Series Paper (DSP) and add die-cut shapes. But for whatever reason, "quick" cards like this always seem to take me a really long time to design. With this batch, my main stumbling block was deciding what images to use as the focal points. I must have tried just about every possible winter/Christmas die I have before finally settling on the Woodland Silhouettes dies from Taylored Expressions -- which were the ones I had originally planned to use. [Slaps forehead.] But the important part is that they're done -- and I'm posting them with more than a week left in the month!

Supplies:
Paper: Very Vanilla, thick Very Vanilla, Early Espresso card stock (Stampin' Up!); Toile Tidings DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Stitchd Shapes dies (Stampin' Up!), Woodland Silhouettes 1 and 2 dies (Taylored Expressions), Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

I love the patterns in the Toile Tidings DSP; they're so pretty and work really well together. Once I finally settled on a layout, these cards were pretty quick to create. I made a total of eight cards, using different combinations of paper and die-cut images. I tried adhering the patterned paper directly to the card base first (see the bear card above), but decided that I liked it better with a mat of Early Espresso card stock, so that's what I did for the rest of the cards.

The moose, bear, and reindeer silhouettes are glued directly to the stitched ovals, and the ovals are adhered to the cards with foam tape to add a little dimension. I finished each card with a couple of glitter enamel dots for the tiniest bit of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: