Saturday, May 15, 2021

One layout, two cards

In my last post, I shared several masculine cards featuring nature images. Today I have two cards with the same layout -- but by altering the images and colors, I gave one a masculine feel and one a feminine feel.

Supplies:
Stamps: Nature Backgrounds (Dare 2B Artzy)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue, Really Rust, Mint Macaron card stock (Stampin' Up!); Natural Touch Specialty Paper (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Bordering Blue, Really Rust, Mint Macaron (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Happy Birthday day (Avery Elle), Neutrals Candy Dots (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

The Nature Backgrounds stamp set from Dare 2B Artzy was perfect for my little experiment. The set contains seven different nature background images, so for the first card I chose three that seemed more masculine or neutral.

I chose an earthy color pallet of Chocolate Chip, Bordering Blue, Really Rust, and Mint Macaron. I paired each of the images with one of the three lighter colors and stamped on the card stock using the coordinating ink. Then I die cut each stamped piece with a stitched rectangle die and attached them to a Chocolate Chip card base. Tip: Glue down the two pieces on the sides first, lining them up with the edges of the card front. Then adhere the middle piece, centering it between the other two.

I die-cut "happy birthday" once from Chocolate Chip card stock and once from a wood-textured paper. (You could use just about any sentiment with these images, but I always seem to need birthday cards.) I layered the two pieces together and added the sentiment on the card front across the stamped panels. I finished the card with two simple Chocolate Chip enamel dots.

Supplies:
Stamps: Nature Backgrounds (Dare 2B Artzy)
Paper: Soft Suede, Petal Pink, Soft Sea Foam, So Saffron card stock (Stampin' Up!); Natural Touch Specialty Paper (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Petal Pink, Soft Sea Foam, So Saffron
Accessories: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Celebrate die (My Favorite Things), champagne rhinestones (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

For the feminine version of this card I chose three more flowery images and a lighter color pallet: Soft Suede, Petal Pink, Mint Macaron, and So Saffron. I also used a word die with a script-style font and champagne-colored rhinestones as the embellishment. But the layout and stamping/die-cutting process is the same.

The bonus with this layout is that it can be made to fit almost any occasion by changing the sentiment, colors, and/or images. You could even use patterned paper, embossed card stock, or ink blended backgrounds instead of stamping the three panels. And the cards wouldn't be too hard to mass produce for the holidays. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An awesome layout, without a doubt. As you said, adaptable...with so many possibilities. And easily mailable too! I need two more masculine cards for upcoming birthdays (and also like to have some on hand). Wonderful ideas!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! While I wrote this post I was thinking that it would be so cute to use birthday images (balloons, presents, confetti, etc.) on the three panels for a festive birthday card. :)