Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Candy Conversations valentines

Valentine's Day is just about a week away. I'm not sure how that happened. But since I'll need to get my valentines in the mail this weekend, I thought I should make a few more.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Candy Conversations
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Adorning Accents embossing folder, corner rounder, Certainly Celery and Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon, Dimensionals

I really like how these clean and simple one-layer cards turned out. The focal image stamp includes the "Be Mine, Valentine" greeting and five conversation hearts with different sentiments: "be mine," "xoxo," "kiss me," "love you" and "sweet talk". I stamped the image in Soft Suede ink on each card base (after embossing the bottom of the card fronts) and then stamped it in So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Wisteria Wonder and Regal Rose on leftover Whisper White scraps. Note: Stamp the image a few times in each color so you have plenty of hearts for mixing and matching colors and sentiments.

I intended to use the small heart punch to punch out the colored hearts for a really quick card, but I discovered that the punch is slightly smaller than the stamped image. That's great if you want to use the hearts separately -- there would be no white border around the hearts -- but it didn't work on this card because you would have been able to see part of the Soft Suede hearts stamped on the card. So instead I cut out each heart by hand. A little more time consuming, but a better result for what I wanted. I finished each card by rounding the top corners and adding a piece of coordinating ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: