Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Birthday pinwheel

One of the things I got in my last Stampin' Up!® order was the new Pinwheel Sizzlits die. I was really excited to use this die to make masses of adorable little pinwheels for birthday cards and maybe even coordinated packaging. Well, I now can honestly say that I don't think I will be making masses of pinwheels without a lot more practice. Don't get me wrong, they are definitely adorable. And I love that the die, which is very reasonably priced, cuts them to the perfect shape and even makes a hole on each flap so they can be aligned for placing on a brad. The problem, however, is that my fingers are far from dainty, and it's quite tricky to get everything folded in and held together while trying to slip a tiny brad through five tiny holes.

I did discover that it's easier to make the pinwheels with Designer Series Paper (DSP) than with card stock. And when I have a chance I'll do a little research to see what tips other crafters might have. For now I have one clean and simple pinwheel birthday card to share with you.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Shimmery White, Pool Party, Early Espresso card stock; Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Top Note die, Cloudy Day embossing folder, Pinwheel Sizzlits die, mini silver brad, Brights buttons, white baker's twine

I love the combination of Real Red with Pool Party, and I think the Cloudy Day embossing folder will be one of my favorites. So all in all, I really like how this card turned out, even with a little extra effort for the pinwheel.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: