Friday, September 29, 2023

Sunflowers and leaves

It's back to autumn cards for me. And, as you may have guessed from the title of this post, today's cards feature sunflowers and leaves. The main products I used for these cards are from Gina K Designs.


I think the two-step sunflowers in the Breath of Sunshine stamp set are pretty cute, and I also love the bushel basket image. I started by stamping and die cutting a bunch of sunflowers. I divided the flowers into two groups and arranged each bunch with a basket and a few leaves to create two cards. (My favorite detail on each card is the flower that has fallen out of the basket.) I made the card on the right first, and with the mustard card base and dark brown frame it has a definite fall-ish feel. For the second card, I used a light-blue card base and a green die-cut hill, so it also would be a great summer card. (Although I think I should have added some stenciled clouds or something in the sky to add some interest.)


For the second pair of cards I used the detail dies from the Autumn Leaves die set. I wanted to try some non-traditional colors for the leaves but make sure it still had an autumn feel. I decided to go with Fresh Fig, Island Indigo, and Really Rust (Stampin' Up!), and I think they work well.


I knew these would be simple cards, so before I glued down the die-cut leaves I splattered the card bases with metallic gold watercolor paint. I die cut two "hello" sentiments from gold card stock and added one to each card. I opted to skip any other embellishments, so these will be nice and easy cards to mail - always a plus!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sunflowers are gorjuss! One of my fave flowers! I had some growing one time. They ended up so tall they were taller than I am! And that doesn't take much as I am short, lol!
I always enjoy your cars as they are so neat and tidy!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Both pairs are lovely! I'm drawn more to the second set, I like leaf/foliage images - so they caught my eye. The colors are perfect too.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine and Judy!