Thursday, October 5, 2023

Harvest Silhouettes

Our temperature dropped about forty degrees this week, so I think we are finally into autumn. Thank goodness! The beginning of this week was entirely too warm for early October (although I may change my opinion in a few months when we're in the throes of winter). So it seems fitting to share two more fall cards, this time made with the Harvest Silhouettes stamp set from Gina K Designs.

I love the look of an ink blended sunset, so that's what I wanted to try for my first card. I started by stamping the mountains and ground at the bottom of a white panel. I stamped the mountains again on masking paper, cut it out, and adhered it over the mountains on the panel. I blended five colors for the sunset: peach, pinkish red, lavender, medium blue, and just a tiny bit of dark blue along the top edge. I used dark brown ink to stamp the flowers and sentiment, then added a few gold sequins, and adhered the panel to a card base.


For a different look with the same stamp set, I used the three leaf images to create a simple stamping card. I stamped each leaf with a different color (they are the same colors I used in the first card; it's funny how different they look when stamped compared to blending) and then used a splatter stamp from my stash to fill in some of the empty spaces. I left one small area clear for a simple "happy fall" sentiment (from a different Gina K Designs set) and added three gold sequins. The card still felt like it needed something, so I finished it off with a length of hemp twine wrapped around the card front and tied in a bow near the card fold.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I love your first card Andrea! Thank ink blending looks stunning, and very seamless! It makes me think of long hot summer days! I like how you stamped the tiny trees in the background. It gives great depth field to the card. I like the silhouette of the flowers too! A great card!
I would not have guessed you used the same colours on the second card! You are so right, they look totally different on the second card! How our minds try to trick us! I'm late at commenting...I've been back in hospital again:-(
Have a great weekend!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine! I don't do a lot of ink blending, but it does make for a pretty background. :) I hope you are feeling better!