Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Baby bookcase

Today I have a little break from autumn cards -- a cute (in my opinion!) baby card. I don't have the opportunity to make too many baby cards, so I was excited to create one for a coworker's baby shower last week. 


I used the retired Bookcase Builder stamp set from Stampin' Up!, and I love choosing which images to include and how to arrange them on the shelves. For my colors, I used Toffee (Taylored Expressions) as the main neutral and added in pink, yellow, green, and blue -- pretty traditional baby colors, but I chose darker, more saturated shades than the usual pastels.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to add a sentiment to the front of the card, but I found a tiny "congratulations," and I thought it fit perfectly tucked under the bottom shelf. I added a die-cut scalloped frame around the stamped images, and I layered the frame; I die cut a white frame and a Toffee frame and glued them together to create just a bit of dimension. The finishing touch was a few clear droplets.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is so cute! I love the shelves and all the cute little toys etc! And the word 'congratulations' fits so perfectly under that shelf! Can you tell me what the little starburst sequins (?)are on your previous pot? There are some on the first orange card. Forgot to ask in my pervious comment! They are so cute and look like mini snowflakes! Thanks for sharing!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! Those sequins were part of the accessory kit I used, so I’m. It sure what they’re called. If I ever see them anywhere I’ll let you know!