Saturday, September 16, 2023

Fall is in the air

I think (or at least I hope) we're finally past all the hot weather, and I love having a little chill in the air in the morning. Autumn is my favorite season, so I decided it was time to start making some fall-themed cards.


For these two cards I kept it pretty simple. I started with two panels of leaf-patterned card stock (upcycled from an old calendar page) and layered both of them on gold card stock. I adhered each panel to a coordinating card base and then added a sentiment/focal image and a few gold sequins.


The patterned card stock on the next two cards was also an old calendar page. I splattered both panels with some metallic watercolor paint and then added gold leaves. (I used a punch to create the leaves. The card on the right uses the entire sprig of leaves; for the card on the left I trimmed the leaves apart.) As with the previous cards, I added sentiments on strips of card stock with the ends cut into a V. Two more easy cards done!


For the last two cards, I started from scratch. I used kraft card bases and stamped the backgrounds -- one with a background image and one by repeatedly stamping the "happy fall" sentiment. I cut a large scalloped circle in half, embossed the pieces with a wood plank embossing folder, and adhered each piece to the left side of the card front. For the focal images I created a cluster of leaves and added a twine bow. I wanted to add metallic accents, so on one of the cards I splattered some metallic paint on the scalloped half-circle and painted a border around the edges of the card base. I decided I wasn't crazy about how the paint looked, so I skipped it on the second card. The finishing touch on both cards was metallic sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great cards for Fall! It's such a pretty time of year, with all the different colours of the leaves and tree's. I like all the cards, but my preference is for the last two, especially the one with gold splatters on!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine! :)