Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Simple thanks

I love the combination of yellow and gray, and those are the colors I used for the simple, but sweet, thank-you card I 'm going to share with you today.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Basic Label, Vintage Verses
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight card stock; Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon, pearls, Essentials paper-piercing pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

I started with a Basic Gray card base and added a 2" wide strip of Daffodil Delight Polka Dot Parade DSP along the bottom of the card. For the focal point I stamped one of Stampin' Up!'s new single stamps, Basic Label, in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White card stock and then stamped a sentiment from the Vintage Verses set inside the label. I used the Apothecary Accents Framelits dies to cut out the label, and then I set the label on the card (without any adhesive on it) so it was overlapping the DSP. Then I used the Essentials paper-piercing pack, tool and mat to pierce a border around the label. Note: Be sure the card is open before piercing so you don't make holes in the back of the card.

I attached a piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon to the card along the top edge of the DSP and then used Dimensionals to adhere the label within the pierced border and over the ribbon. For embellishment, I added two Daffodil Delight flowers to the label and three Basic Gray flowers on the bottom right corner of the DSP. Each flower is made with two punched shapes -- the bottom one is flat, and the top one has the petals folded up -- and a pearl in the center.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: