Sunday, February 17, 2013

Simple vintage

I love the look of vintage-inspired cards: the images, colors, layers and embellishments. But while I really admire them, I have a hard time making them. Putting together all the elements so they look "right" is sometimes a struggle for me. So today I made a simple vintage card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps:Vintage Verses, Feeling Sentimental, Lovely Little Labels
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Ink: Crumb Cake (pad and marker), Early Espresso
Accessories: Early Espresso baker's twine, corner rounder, color-spritzer tool, Vintage Trinkets, Little Labels punch pack, sponge, bone folder

I used a neutral color combination of Crumb Cake and Early Espresso. I stamped the bicycle image in Crumb Cake ink on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock for a subtle tone-on-tone effect. Then I used Early Espresso ink to stamp the sentiment, slightly overlapping the first image. To add a distressed look to the layer, I spritzed it with a Crumb Cake marker and the color-spritzing tool, sponged the edges with Early Espresso and then ran a bone folder along the edges to curl them up just a little.

I adhered the Crumb Cake layer to an Early Espresso card base and tied Early Espresso baker's twine around the top of the card. I stamped and punched out two images from the Lovely Little Labels stamp set in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake card stock. Then I put the tags on a small safety pin and attached the pin to the knot in the baker's twine.

I really like the way this card turned out with its vintage feel and simple layout. I hope it gives you a bit of inspiration. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: